Thursday, April 12, 2012

Money, money, money!

Our new math unit is all about equivalent coin combinations and making change- kind of a tricky one for little minds! We created these cute little resource books today that I got from Chrissy over @ Buzzing with Ms. B as an intro to our unit. They are a perfect review of coin combinations that make a dollar, as well as a great resource for the kiddos to refer to throughout the unit!


Here is a pic of the completed book.


Here is an example of what my students did on each page. 
They wrote the name of the coin, its value, and the fraction of a dollar that it represents.

If you would like a copy, click here to visit Ms. B's TpT store. It's free! (She even has a cute title to go with it in English- I just had my kids go ahead and write one!)

We embarked on our new science unit this afternoon- Plants (always a great one!). We shared our schema and questions about plants in this class KWL (or SQA as we call it in Spanish!)


I think I shared this before- but in case ya missed it- here is a copy of this KWL for your students. It's in English and Spanish! Happy growing! (I have never been great at the whole keeping plants alive thing- fingers crossed this year will be a success!)





1 comment:

  1. We've just begun working on money! We had a page where we wrote out what equals a dollar - but I think we might have to use your idea! This is so visual, thanks for sharing!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete