Monday, May 28, 2012

Good Reads Linky

First off, Happy Memorial Day!

Today, I am linking up to...



...to share some good reads as well as some books I am planning on relaxing in the sun with this summer!

Love this one- the sisters are great- going to re-read it this summer!

Since I am currently finishing up my Master's in Educational Leadership, I am on somewhat of a "school leader" book kick. 

I plan to read "The Bee Eater" all about Michelle Rhee and the DC schools this summer.

"Whatever It Takes" is a great read all about Geoffery Canada's great work in Harlem.

And for something a little more lighthearted...

I saw this on "Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten's" list- and I just had to add it to mine. Already purchased, on my kindle, and ready to go! It looks hilarious!

A couple reads that aren't necessarily "education" related...

Max Lucado is a wonderful Christian author. This is my inspirational read for the summer!

I am obsessed with Toms shoes. If you have never bought a pair, they are seriously the most comfortable shoes in the entire world, and for every pair that you buy, the company sends a pair to a child in need. With my last pair, I was sent this book written by Blake Mycoskie, the "Chief Shoe Giver" at the company. I am about half way through it, and there are a lot of great suggestions for anyone who is looking to make a difference!

Looking forward to checking out more of your "Good Reads"! I have a feeling my list for the summer has the potential for growing much larger, and my bank account much smaller. We should really start a book exchange ;)!











4 comments:

  1. I plan on re-reading the CAFE book this summer too. We should read it together and do a book talk!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea Sara! I'm in :)

      Delete
  2. You inspired me to join this linky too and I just reserved three of these books at the library. So excited for more reading time this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did. Your layout is too cute. I absolutely love reading and you definitely helped add a few books to my summer reading :) I work in a high poverty area in Orlando and find it very inspirational to read stories about successful teachers in other tough areas of our countries. I've never heard of the ones you mentioned, but I'm heading to amazon now :) I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading future posts! I teach 2nd too :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete