Thursday, May 31, 2012

Superkids Graduation!

Today was one of my favorite days of the year! Our Second Grade Superkids Graduation!
Each year I host this event for my students and their parents to celebrate their learning throughout the year.


We started the event by watching a DVD I created of photos from our year!


All of our parents came too! We had a packed house :)


We all got a copy of the DVD to take home too. One of my classroom moms made these amazing graduation gift tags for us. If you have ever been in my room you will see that I have a collection of sock monkeys. She combined this with our superkids theme and graduation! Could not have been more perfect!


After we finished watching the video, our graduation ceremony began. Before our parents came this afternoon, we rehearsed! I shared with the kids that that is what they do in highschool, college, etc. on the big graduation day! 


Then we each had a chance to walk across the "stage" and graduate!
Instead of diplomas- we got capes, as we are now official graduates of the second grade super classroom, and every superkid needs a cape!


To make the capes, I used fabric, ribbon, and black puff paint. Super simple!


This is the poster we created as our "stage backdrop". 
It says "Congrats Superkids"!


Each of the students shared their favorite part about second grade on the backdrop and then shared it with their parents after the ceremony as well!


Also post ceremony, we of course needed some refreshments! We had more....but I just couldn't seem to find a moment to snap a photo before it was gone! My students' parents brought grad napkins, cups, and cupcakes!

I also presented some of my fabulous parent volunteers with their gifts! For my moms who come in and read with the kids each week, I created this lil pack with a book, B&N gift card and cute super tag!


Snag the tag here. 



I gave some of my other volunteers these cute mento thank you's that I got from Kids Cog Works. Click on the link to grab a copy!


It was such a wonderful day and super way to commemorate our year! Field day tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain.....fingers crossed!













5 comments:

  1. Awe!! It looks like your kids had so much fun!! I bet you were sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the theme of your classroom. If I ever go into themes superheroes will be my choice.
    This graduation looks so fun. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- your cape ceremony looks PRECIOUS.

    I love, love, love it- and I bet your students did, too!

    Happy summer! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas are amazing! Newest follower here. I'd love you to visit my blog this summer.
    Kim
    Www.love2teach2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete