Thursday, May 23, 2013

English Word Work Review

It is hard to believe but the end is drawing near! A week and a half left!

This being said, each year at the end of the year I like to take some time to reflect with the kiddos on all we have learned. One of the tools I utilize to do this is the "My Spelling Reference Book" I have created to review all of the key word study patterns in English we have covered throughout the year. 

Each day for the last couple weeks of school we review a key concept and complete a page of our reference book. I tell the students they can then keep this book to utilize during the summer and in third grade as it now contains a smaller version of all those key anchors we created in class!

Here are some of the pages we completed this week!



You can get these and much more in my "My Spelling Reference Book" pack in my TpT store! Click on the image to check it out. Also, for those of you who are in a dual or bilingual room you can check out the Spanish equivalent "Mi Libro de Consulta de Ortografia" here. (We will be doing that one next week!)


Also, just for fun...our jam packed English wall that my kiddos used throughout the year as a resource- Take it in while ya can folks..down it comes tomorrow! I can't believe how time flies!






No comments:

Post a Comment