Thursday, August 15, 2013

Teacher Week 13' - Parte Cuatro


Teacher Week 13' continues on folks. Today is all about classroom management. 

In our building, we utilize something called CBIS which, in a nutshell, is our school's version of PBIS. This is a school wide behavioral support system, thus we all utilize the same expectations throughout the entire building! 

Those include:
1) Put forth your best effort.
2) Be respectful.
3.) Be responsible.
4.) Be a model.

Here is the "Super Expectation" bulletin board we created at the beginning of the year together as a class last year. I hung each of the 4 expectations and then as we talked about them and what each entailed the students helped me to create pictures demonstrating these ideas to hang all around them. This stayed up all year.


Yes, those of you that speak Spanish may have noticed my error in "Se repetuoso"- I cringe when I see it and cannot believe it took me like two weeks to notice before I changed it! 

Anyway...I generalized these a bit for you all with pictures that represent the expectations a little bit better than my lovely superkids and have uploaded them to Google Docs if you'd like a copy to create your own bulletin board. Click on the image to download them in English or Spanish.


Fonts/Graphics: Print Candee, Kevin and Amanda, Scrappin Doodles

(And if you really want them with the superheroes like mine...feel free to leave me a comment with your email...and I could always send those too ;))

As a positive way to motivate students as well as hold them accountable to these expectations, I created a clip chart system for use in my classroom throughout the day. 

Here is what this clip chart system looked like:


This clip chart is a great way to encourage those students that always follow expectations as they can move up through the levels, as well as encourage those who may have lowered their clip as they have the opportunity to change their behavior and move up thoughout the day!

It worked perfectly as a complement to our CBIS system and it could def. be adapted, I feel, to meet the needs of many others as well! It's quite versatile and you can use it to meet your students/building needs as you see fit!

Yet again, I tried to generalize it a bit for you all as the "plan de acción/Action Plan" part was a little specific to my classroom. The levels are now: Super Job!, Excellent!, Very Good, Ready to Learn, Time to Think, Teacher Choice, and Parent Contact. There is an option for "El maestro decide" for my guys in Spanish as well! Grab the updated version in English or Spanish at my TpT store by clicking on the image below to utilize in your classroom this school year :)!





3 comments:

  1. This turned out cute! I need to share this with the ELL teacher at my school. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Glad it will be useful for you!

      Delete
  2. Would love a copy of your superhero version. Lbrown@kisd.org.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete