Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Guest Blog Week - Day #4: Wild


It's Day #4 of Guest Blog Week!
Please welcome Krista (love the name ;)), from Teaching Momster and check our her game idea below!



Hello!  My name is Krista (from Teaching Momster) and I am SOOOO excited to be guest blogging for Krista (from Second Grade Super Kids)!  

As you may already know, the other Krista is away, so the rest of us bloggers are playing!  One of my FAVORITE games is Uno.  The rules are simple, young kids can play and older kids can still have fun!  

Young kids can use it as a great review of colors as well as number identification.  It also teaches taking turns.  My son, who is autistic, has been working on playing games and learning to lose gracefully.  Playing the same game over and over started to get a bit boring.  It got me to thinking that maybe I could change up the game a little to allow my son (and other kids) to have fun, but also practice necessary skills.  So, I created my WILD card series.  







So, what are these WILD games?  They are played in a very similar fashion to the old classic, UNO.  In fact, we started with UNO since the directions were already known.  Many kids love the simplicity of the game and others love the "special" cards that allow them to skip a player or make their neighbor draw extra cards.  So, I kept those important pieces in my WILD games.  But, for the kids who are beyond just numbers and colors, I added some extra skills.  I have several versions available, from basic number skills all the way to fractions.  Although most of my versions are math based (my son's favorite subject!), I do have some versions for ELA and Science as well.  They are sold individually as well as in bundles.  You can grab this FREE sampler so you can see how it works for you and your kids!





 I am so excited to see what games everyone plays!  We are always looking for new games to play.  And, if you would like me to customize a WILD game for you and your kiddos, just let me know!  I would love for you to follow me at my blog, on FB, or on TPT!  






No comments:

Post a Comment